Gambling premises

You need a licence for the following types of gambling premises:

  • Casino premises
  • Bingo premises
  • Betting premises, including shops, tracks and premises used by betting intermediaries
  • Adult gaming centre (AGC) premises (for category B3, B4, C and D machines)
  • Family entertainment centre (FEC) premises (for category C and D machines) – the licensing authority may issue a FEC gaming machine permit, which authorises the use of category D machines only

Visit the Gambling commission’s website to apply for a gambling premises licence.

Responsible authorities within Crawley Borough Council

Email the Licensing team

Health and Safety
Environmental Health Services
Email the Environmental Health Services team

Other responsible authorities

Chief Officer of Police
C.O Licensing Section,
Horsham Police Station,
Hurst Road,
West Sussex.
RH12 2DJ
Email the C.O. Licensing Section

Children's Safeguarding Unit
Room 24, Durban House,
Durban Road,
Bognor Regis.
PO22 9RE
Email the Children's Safeguarding Unit

The Gambling Commission
Victoria Square House,
Victoria Square,
B2 4BP
Email the Gambling Commission

WSCC Fire and Rescue Service
FAO Fire Safety, Business Fire Safety,
Horsham Fire Station,
Hurst Road,
West Sussex.
RH12 2DN
Email the WSCC Fire and Rescue Service

HM Customs and Excise
HM Revenue and Customs,
Excise Processing Teams,
Email the Excise Processing Teams