Greentech Business Growth Fund
The ‘Greentech Business Growth Fund’ (GBGF), part of the ‘Towns Fund’ programme, is a 3-year £1 million grant fund that responds to the strategic priority need of ‘greening’ Crawley’s economy. The overarching objective is for grant funding to support the continued development and growth of the local green technology and green construction sectors.
Business based in Crawley that operate in the green-tech or low-carbon sectors are able to apply for grants of between £10,000 and £175,000 to fund projects and investments that enable business growth and generate additional employment.
Businesses must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to apply for the GBGF grant scheme:
- Crawley-based and intend to remain in Crawley for at least 5 years
- Operate in the ‘green-tech’ sector and be able to demonstrate how the proposed project and grant funding would deliver business growth, in terms of jobs created and increased turnover
- Businesses are to be small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) – including micro-enterprises and start-ups
- Applications for a ‘Business Investment Grant’ (Up to £175k) will be subject to a 50% match-funding requirement
- Any grant funding awarded under the GBGF grant scheme cannot result in a breach of the conditions of the UK Subsidy Control Regime on the part of applicant businesses
Applicants to the GBGF grant scheme are entitled to include a range of costs as part of their project proposals including, but not limited to:
- Investments in business premises, facilities, or equipment
- Product development
- Specialist research, training, or consultancy
- Market development
For further information, including:
- Detailed eligibility criteria
- Guidance on preparing and submitting a grant application
- Examples of permitted expenditure
Refer to the ‘process guidance notes’ and 'frequently asked questions' documents below.
We are holding a webinar in September to introduce the programme and provide information about eligibility, timescales and how to apply.
If you would like to discuss your expression of interest with us, please book a one to one session with a member of the team.
Register your interest
If you would like to make an application to the GBGF grant scheme, please complete a Greentech Business Growth Fund expression of interest form.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.