Crawley

Main Menu

or browse by theme

  

Ifield Mill

Ifield Mill, Crawley

Ifield Mill was built in 1683 by Thomas Middleton. It was rebuilt in the early 19th Century as the weather boarded building that you can see today. The mill still has a working waterwheel but the building stopped being used as a corn mill in the late 1920s.

There is an impressive millpond at the site which is considered to be one of the most important wetland sites in Crawley.

Ifield Mill The mill was bought and then restored by Crawley Borough Council in 1974. It is now operated by Crawley Museum Society and houses a local history display. The building is open on the third Sunday of the month from April to September, 2.30pm to 5pm and on National Mills Day in May each year. Entry is by donation.

For further details, contact the Museum Society on 01293 539088.

Access Guide

DisabledGo has produced access guides for Ifield Water Mill

Links

  • Ifield Mill Pond – information on the conservation area of Ifield Mill pond.
  • Water Areas – where to find lakes and water features in Crawley, including Ifield Mill Pond and Bewbush Water Gardens
  • Parks and Gardens – information on some of Crawley’s most popular parks and gardens including Bewbush Water Gardens and Ifield Mill.
  • Streams and Rivers – the location of Crawley’s streams and rivers and what to do about flooding.


01293 438000 comments@crawley.gov.uk click to email us
Town Hall
The Boulevard
Crawley
West Sussex
RH10 1UZ
Open Mon - Fri 8:30am to 5pm

Contact Us

tel:
01293 438000

email: click to email us

address:
Town Hall
The Boulevard
Crawley
West Sussex
RH10 1UZ
Open Mon - Fri 8:30am to 5pm

GovDelivery icon