If the opportunity to learn how to service and repair a wide range of vehicles, plant machinery and mechanical equipment excites you, then this could be the apprenticeship for you.
You will be part of our experienced Vehicle Workshop Team based in County Oak, Crawley. Our role is to ensure that colleagues across the Council have the equipment they need, when they need it. From electric cars, diesel flatbed vans, mechanical sweepers, ride-on mowers to strimmers and chainsaws. We keep more than just cars on the road.
You will gain a Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) Standard.
• Strong interest in all things mechanical and electrical.
• Stamina and dexterity to work with parts, tools and equipment in sometimes confined spaces.
• Capable and confident in learning through a mix of practical, hands-on experience and formal learning based in the classroom or through manuals and online resources.
• GCSE English and Maths grade C or above/ 4 or above (or equivalent).
• Able to travel to Nescot College near Epsom one day per week for a full day of study starting early September 2019.
• Committed to completing an apprenticeship that takes 3 years to complete.
• Ability to problem solve and get things done on time and to a high standard.
• Enthusiastic and able to represent the team and the council in a professional manner when interacting with others.
• Work well within a team and able to get on with many different types of people.
• Committed to investing in your own personal set of tools over the length of the apprenticeship.
Take a look at the Job Description to find out more about the day-to-day tasks and what you need to be successful in this apprenticeship.
This opportunity is open to anyone who has the right to live and work in England, is not currently enrolled on another apprenticeship or further / higher education programme and does not already hold a qualification at level 3 or above in motor vehicle servicing and maintenance or a closely related subject.
In return, we offer a generous employee benefits package, with a range of discounts, benefits and wellbeing incentives to suit everyone.
Please click on the 'Apply Now' button above or the ‘Application Form’ link at the bottom of the page to complete your application online.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role please email Nick Barrett or call on 01293 438174.
Closing date: 21 July 2019
Proposed interview date: 30 July 2019
Please quote reference: PX15
tel: 01293 438000
email: click to email us
Human Resources & Organisational Development
West Sussex RH10 1UZ