Crawley Deposit Service
The Crawley Deposit Service assists households that are homeless or threatened with homelessness to secure accommodation in the private rented sector.
- Be financially able to manage a tenancy in the private rented sector
- Have a connection to Crawley by permanent employment in Crawley; having lived in Crawley for six out of the last 12 months or three out of the last five years; or having immediate family (a parent, brother or sister) who has lived in Crawley for five years or more
- Not owe any money to Crawley Borough Council
- Not have outstanding current or former rent arrears with a previous landlord
- Not have lost accommodation due to anti-social behaviour in the last five years.
- The council do not pay agency fees
- The council will not act as a guarantor
- Any claim for arrears or damages at the end of the tenancy will be recovered from the household. Unpaid debt will affect future housing options.