Information for Consumers and Businesses
Take a look at the how the Eat Out Eat Well awards can benefit both consumers and businesses.
How will the scheme benefit consumers?
- Businesses will provide healthier options to customers, through the use of healthier catering practices; increasing fruit, vegetables, and starchy carbohydrates.
- Decreased levels of fat; especially saturated fat, sugar and salt in food.
- Provision of healthy options for children.
When you visit an award winning restaurant, pubs or cafe you’ll find healthier meal options on the menu for you and your family.
What's in it for businesses?
- You’ll receive an award certificate that you can proudly display
- Your establishment will be listed as an award winner on our website, and alongside your star rating on the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme.
- You can use the Eat Out Eat Well logo in your advertising.
- You'll have public recognition for achieving the award, which could enhance your image as a responsible business that puts its customers first.
- It could give you a competitive edge and increase customer satisfaction as the demand for healthier choices continues to grow. Many manufacturers and retailers who have introduced healthier options are seeing growth in sales.
- The scheme will equip your team with the knowledge and skills to provide healthier menu options in line with government healthy eating initiatives, to reduce diet related disease and obesity.
- Your customers will benefit from the freedom to select a healthy option, giving them more control over what they choose to eat which will ultimately benefit their health.
- Low cost, accredited nutrition training courses for award achievers throughout the county to help you achieve the "gold" award.