Grants and Funding Support
Crawley Borough Council is committed to supporting a thriving local Voluntary and Community Sector. Our funding supports Crawley Community & Voluntary Service (CVS) and Volunteer Centre, providing local voluntary groups and community organisations with development support, volunteer recruitment help and funding advice work.
Our Community Grants programme funds a range of other not-for-profit community services such as Home-Start, Age UK (West Sussex), Crawley Open House and Community Transport. We award grants to local groups all year round.
Find out how to apply for a CBC Community Grant
We also offer specific funding opportunities for environment projects with Let’s FACE it! Environmental Grants
– open to applications
There are also opportunities for funding local projects with Crowdfund Crawley
Funding Support - where to find help
- Every year BIG
gives out millions of pounds from the National Lottery to good causes.
- Sussex Community Foundation
provides grant funding to local groups in need.
- WSCC Community Initiative Fund
- West Sussex County Council funding for local community projects.
- The Courage-Dyer Recreational Trust
- The trust, set up in the 80s, awards grants of up to £5,000 for equipment and enhancements or improvements to recreational facilities for clubs, societies and sporting organisations. To be considered for funding, applicants must be based in Crawley or Rusper. Please contact Hayley Thorne
with an outline of how the grant will be used and the amount you wish to apply for. A formal application process will follow if the request meets the trust’s criteria.
- Arts Council England Funds
- Supporting art and culture projects.
- Award For All
- National Lottery grants of between £300 and £10,000 for Voluntary and Community Organisations.
For a more extensive list of local funders contact CCVS on Tel.01293 657000 or email
. If you require grants for individuals, Turn2us
may be able to help or contact Citizens Advice