Products of animal origin checks
Products of animals require certain checks:
- Documentary checks - verify that the documentation relating to the health of the product is correct
- Identity checks - verify that the consignment matches the documents presented and is correctly labelled and packed
- Physical check - verifies that the consignment appears to be in a fit state for the purpose specified in the accompanying certificate or document and complies with the import conditions, this may include temperature checking and the taking of samples for analysis
The importer must present the original documentation relating to the consignment, to the Imported Food Office before it can be cleared. The documents required include:
- Original Health Certificate
- Air waybill
- Invoices and packing lists (if available)
Specific products may require additional documentation such a testing certificate.
You must also enter the details of the consignment on TRACES.
If the documentary check is satisfactory an inspector will conduct an identity check and a physical check if required.