Find out who your Tilgate ward councillor is.
Groups and events
Have a look in the Community Directory to find groups and clubs located in Tilgate. Find out what events are coming up in Tilgate.
Tilgate Community Forum
Tilgate residents have set up a Community Forum for local people to have their say on issues of concern. The Forum has also worked with Let's FACE it! to plant bulbs at Tilgate Parade and are working towards other similar activities.
Meetings take place every two months at Shackleton Road Community Centre. Look on the Forum’s website for details of the next meeting.
Come along if you live or work in Tilgate or you can email Tilgate Forum.
Facts and figures
As of the Census 2011 there are 2454 households in Tilgate.
As of the Office of National Statistics Mid-Year Estimates 2017 there are 6108 people living in Tilgate.
If you are looking for community support via the Community Development team contact John Dale on 01293 438412.
- K2 Crawley – state of the art leisure centre, facilities include a 50m pool, leisure pool, 12m climbing wall, fitness suite, sports hall, squash courts, athletics track and artificial turf pitch
- Tilgate Park – popular park with lake, woodland walks, nature centre, walled garden and café, craft units, Greenzone environmental centre and much more
- Tilgate Forest Recreation Centre – The wooden huts are home to many of Crawley’s clubs. Click on the link to find out who is based here and to find out how to rent one
- Tilgate Golf Centre – 18 hole golf course set in the beautiful surroundings of Tilgate Forest
- Children’s play areas – located on Loppets Road, Gainsborough Road and at Tilgate Park
- Playing fields – located at Gainsborough Road and Loppets Road, football pitches are available at both locations and a cricket pitch is available at Gainsborough Road